[TxMt] Reformat paragraph and the LaTeX mode

Marco Kuhlmann mk at mcqm.net
Sun Jan 8 20:57:09 UTC 2006

     Dear Textmates,

I am currently evaluating Textmate as a substitute for Emacs.  My
first impression is really good (especially due to the excellent
documentation), but now I have encountered a problem that I cannot
resolve by myself.  I hope you can help me with it.

I mostly work on LaTeX documents.  With AucTeX, pressing Meta-q
(Reformat) when on line 2 of the following block of text would
reformat lines 2 and 3:

\begin{description}
\item[Projectivity:] A word and its transitive dependents must form a
   continuous region of the full sentence.
\item[Planarity:] Dependency edges must not cross when drawn above the
   words of the sentence.
\end{description}

The corresponding action in Textmate (Control-Q) produces this:

\begin{description} \item[Projectivity:] A word and its transitive
dependents must form a continuous region of the full sentence.
\item[Planarity:] Dependency edges must not cross when drawn above the
words of the sentence. \end{description}

I wonder if there is any way to tell Textmate that in LaTeX mode, a
paragraph should only stretch from the beginning of an \item to the
beginning of the next \item (or the \end{...} token), rather than
between empty lines? (This is what AucTeX does in the Emacs setting.)

Any help is appreciated.

     Best,
     Marco