[TxMt] search and replace within selection ?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Jan 5 04:36:10 UTC 2006

On Jan 4, 2006, at 20:40, Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2006, at 9:26 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> Since the modifier is shift, the likelihood of the user seeing the
>> button label change when entering a find string is something I'd
>> give rather good odds, thus I do not see that big a problem with
>> having the feature “hidden”.
>
> I would bet a lot of people never become aware of it.  I hope its
> at least documented somewhere besides the release
> notes...otherwise, im glad to be in on the secret !

I agree. It used to be one of the top rules in Apple's Interface
Guidelines that there should not be any hidden functionality.

Then Safari came along and breaks that rule left and right. Menu's
change when Option is held down, now the stupid context menu as well
forcing my hand back to the keyboard... I personally hate that hidden
functionality. There are to many hard to discover features in TM as
is. No need to add to that on purpose! Pop Quiz: How is incremental
search in TM activated?

Gerd