[TxMt] search and replace within selection ?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Jan 5 02:26:29 UTC 2006

On 5/1/2006, at 3:16, Michael Bayer wrote:

> [...] i still think a checkbox is clearer) ?

Actually, some of the motivation to change it was, that many confused
the Replace All Scope with also applying to limiting the Find to be
only in the selection (and thus sent me bug reports).

This new approach should be free of that problem.

Since the modifier is shift, the likelihood of the user seeing the
button label change when entering a find string is something I'd give
rather good odds, thus I do not see that big a problem with having
the feature “hidden”.