[TxMt] Interminable slowness with TextMate over SMB

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Tue Jan 3 15:25:39 UTC 2006

> I'm new here. Just started using TextMate, and I have a problem
> where it is freezing for up to minutes at a time.
> Does anybody have any ideas? Or should I report it as a bug? (Even
> if it is a network problem, TextMate could presumably check the
> files in the background, or at least provide progress feedback.)
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Everyone is having this problem :-) (in this scenario, that is)

I think the official party-line response is to point you to this thread:
http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-November/006858.html

There's a script there you can run to make a static project that
shouldn't have this behavior ... but it won't check for changes to
files that might have happened 'under the rug'

As you suspect it has to do w/ having a project w/ files over a
network share.

And, for the follow up question :-)
Allan knows about the issue and I do believe it's on his radar,
though there is no timeline on the fix ...

Hope that helps,
-steve