[TxMt] bundle command

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 03:47:03 UTC 2006

On Feb 25, 2006, at 10:54 PM, Oliver Taylor wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2006, at 10:29 AM, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com
> wrote:
>
>> You don't need to use a webserver to run PHP. It comes with a
>> standalone command line app, rightfully called "php". It will take
>> stdin, output to stdout, and do all these things you cannot do in
>> a web server / client browser scenario.
>>
>> ben
>
> That sounds really great, I wish I knew how to do that.

If you have your script running fine under Apache, there's nothing
more to it than running the php command with your file as a first and
only parameter:

php myscript.php

Whatever you echoed in your web-oriented approach is routed to
stdout. That means you can save the output with the stream
redirection operator:

php myscript.php > output.html

ben