[TxMt] Errors running Ruby in Textmate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 26 18:04:06 UTC 2006

On 24/2/2006, at 15:01, Jonathan Waddilove wrote:

> 	/Applications/Tools/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/
> Bundles/Ruby.tm	bundle/Support/tmruby.rb:115:in `sub': wrong
> argument type nil

What revision of RubyMate is this (it’s stated on the first line of
the output)?

> Quitting and restarting TM bypasses the problem, but it would be
> good to
> have it fixed! I'm on OS X 10.4.5, I'm willing to provide more info if
> that helps...

Relaunching TM fixes it? That’s rather strange, seeing how a new Ruby
interpreter is started for each “Run”.

But at least a script that fails is needed, and how many times
roughly you need to run it, before it fails.

Also, when it does fail, does running another script also fail? Try
e.g. just New Document, switch to Ruby and cmd-R (to run an “empty”
script).