[TxMt] Automated way to keep SVN repository in sync with local files?

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:07:12 UTC 2006

On Feb 25, 2006, at 3:55 AM, Eric Coleman wrote:

> Not to hijack the thread or anything, but the way you formatted
> your email, did you do that on your own?  I.e. the links.
>
> I've noticed more and more people with emails like that (from other
> places too) and I was curious if you are automating it, or if your
> just doing it by hand.

Oh, this is all manual work :) I got inspired by the Markdown syntax,
DaringFireball website and other messages from this very list, but I
believe it is a pretty common practice. I think it's a great
presentational technique both for the writer and the reader. I will
generally put all the [x] marks in the text as I write, then go on a
quest to actually fetch the URLs for those links. That way I don't
have to read again to see where I could fit them. As for the reader,
she will usually read the entire email before clicking any link that
would open a new window, change apps, etc. Having URLs at the very
end of the message makes perfect sense in this context.

ben