[TxMt] Apple Filing Protocol

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Fri Feb 24 14:26:33 UTC 2006

Hey Trevor,

> Setting up AFP is very easy if your host system is Linux and you
> have admin rights. You simply install the netatalk package [1] and
> start the AppleTalk daemon. For instance, if you're running Fedora
> Core:
>
> yum install netatalk
> service atalk start

Nice suggestion ... I've been using AFP just locally between in house
cpu's .. besides from being a bit slow (-er than say SMB even --
anyone else notice that) it does the job.

One question, just because I don't know jack about the AFProtocol ...
is it easy to, say, do that through an ssh tunnel? Or .. is it not
necessary and already encrypted?

-steve