[TxMt] The "TextMate Must Have integrated ftp/sftp/ssh" discussion

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Fri Feb 24 09:39:48 UTC 2006

Andy Armstrong wrote:

> Have a small shell script or alias that does
>
> rsync -avz -e ssh mystuff user at server.example.com:/usr/local/apache/
> htdocs

 No thanks.  I'm not going to rsync around 28 Gig just because I have a
couple of files scattered around in that tree I might want to edit in
TextMate.  Besides, my point was not that remote editing was in any way
difficult to do (it isn't); the only thing missing is that right now I
can't easily, *on my Linux box*, invoke TextMate on the Mac to open a
file in the directory I happen to be in.  (The script for that I posted
a few days ago has problems with the AppleScript command timing out.)

> and keep a small terminal window open to run it in. If you register
> an ssh key with the server you won't have to authenticate every time.

 Fugu, Cyberduck etc. are much more comfortable in this regard.

Regards,
	Christopher