[TxMt] The "TextMate Must Have integrated ftp/sftp/ssh" discussion

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Thu Feb 23 12:18:42 UTC 2006

Eric O'Brien wrote:

> What are folks doing that makes them want to see built-in ftp/sftp/
> ssh support in TextMate?  One situation I can imagine is the desire/

 While I don't want to see this (having Fugu is good enough[tm] for me),
I still need to edit files which are (residing and used) on my linux
box, and our admins won't allow a file server on that machine.  So I
edit with one keyboard, save and turn to the other keyboard for testing.
 Now if Fugu had an AppleScript interface to open a file known by path
in the editor ...  But I haven't checked the alternatives yet, so it
can't be all that pressing.

Christopher