[TxMt] Pdfsync or tiger ability ?

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 20:12:17 UTC 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 22 févr. 06 à 18:25, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :
>
>> On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>>>
>>> Is  it to possible to use in the future, the first method
>>> "pdfsearch" with Textmate
>>>
>> Not easily, it would require more synchronization between TextMate
>> and TeXniscope than is possible with the tools provided to us, and
>> it would certainly require someone writing a fair bit of code.
>> pdfsync is the "standard" way to achieve this in LaTeX. Is there a
>> reason you prefer pdfsearch, or a way in which pdfsync is
>> inadequate for your purposes?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Alain
>>

> With pdfsearch no need to use \usepackage{pdfsync} and with Tiger,
> that' more natural to use Tiger ability. It's not a big problem :)
>
> Is it possible to make work Pdfsync with input and include in
> textmate ?
Yes, I have used it on a book with many chapters and sections and
included graphics.  pdfsync worked great.  The trick, is configuring
Texniscope with the proper url to call back into TextMate.

It sounds like the functionality of pdfsync and pdfsearch is the
same, but the two use different techniques to implement that
functionality.

However, it also sounds like this new pdfsearch functionality is
something that would need to be integrated into TeXniscope before we
could take advantage of the TextMate TeXniscope combination.  I don't
know whether that will happen or not, it doesn't look like TeXniscope
has been updated since 2004.

Brad