[TxMt] arrowShortcuts.rb / TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 22 17:20:51 UTC 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> I've some difficulties with the macro "Convert ASCII Symbol to
> LaTeX",.

Please describe how you tried to use it, and what exactly happened.
> arrowShortcuts.rb is there :
>
> /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/
> Support/bin/arrowShortcuts.rb
>
> and in the macro we have : command = "\"$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/bin/
> arrowShortcuts.rb\"";
>
> or Show TM_* Variables give :
>
> TM_BUNDLE_PATH=/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
> TextMate.tmbundle
> TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT=/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
> TextMate.tmbundle/Support
>
> so i think that the script is not found !
> TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT is unique or this variable depends on Bundle  ?

TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT points to the support directory of the bundle that
the command/macro/whatnot is in. So when you check it from the "Show
TM_* variables" command, which is in the "TextMate" bundle, it points
to the support directory of the TextMate bundle. Open the bundle
editor, go to the textmate bundle and copy the "Show TM_* variables"
command, and move the copy to the Latex bundle, and run it from
there. What does it say now?
> how do I have to make so that works?

Please provide some more details. For instance, if you are in a LaTeX
file, with the language saying LaTeX, and you type ==> and then run
the macro, what happens?

Btw, this macro is very much a work in progress, more of a proof of
concept kind of thing. It is supposed to look at the last three
letters before the caret and do something clever with them, so if you
have more suggestions for other three-letter combos that should be
generating standard commands, please suggest them.

> Thanks
>
> Alain

Haris