[TxMt] F1 Code Folding -- How?

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Wed Feb 22 07:26:11 UTC 2006

Wow cheers Haris!

> 1) If you open the View menu, there's a command: "Fold current
> block". Does it still have F1 written on its right side?

Yes, and the menu item works (folds the code block) too.

> 2) If you open Console.app, are there any messages there related to
> TextMate?

Nope, clean as a whistle.

> 3) Does your problem remain if you restart TextMate?

Yes.

> 4) Can you post an example of an offending block?

I've tried at least a dozen (none work) but here's an example:
#####
def billing_cycle_start(cycle)
   # Special case: First billing cycle start = contract start date
   return self.starts_on if cycle < 2
   self.starts_on >> ( (cycle.to_i-1) * (12/self.group.billing_cycles) )
end
#####

> 5) Have you done a subversion checkout of any bundles, or do you
> use the stock bundles as they came with TextMate 1.5?

Er... I think I downloaded and double-clicked some sort of ruby on
rails bundle at one point.  How can I confirm?

> 6) When inside the def/end block, what do you see as a tooltip when
> you press ctrl-shift-p?

Yes.  It says: source.ruby.rails

Thanks for your help!

Sean