[TxMt] Re: Find/Replace Variables in Document?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Tue Feb 21 21:31:09 UTC 2006

In article <83183242-9D37-4CBC-A2CF-B563F95C05D7 at courtkizer.com>,
 Court K <kizer at courtkizer.com> wrote:

> Also TextMate has no way to upload/browse SFTP/SSH/ or FTP? The price
> is way to steep for an application that can't connect and upload the
> edited files directly.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I personally prefer
using favorite sftp/ftp client for that job. Any good sftp/ftp client
offers seamless integration with TextMate, thus giving one a very
polished editor and a very polished sftp/ftp client (and giving the
author of TextMate a chance to focus on more important tasks).

Personally the only thing keeping me from switching to TextMate is the
character-by-character undo. I know some folks prefer it, but I've not
been able to get used to it. But it's on the "to do" list to offer users
a choice of "chunky" vs "character by character" undo, and when that
happens I am really looking forward to ditching Pepper. Overall I'm very
impressed with TextMate.

-- Russell