[TxMt] To whom would I submit an addition to the Rails bundle?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Feb 20 10:49:45 UTC 2006

On 19/2/2006, at 9:12, Sami Samhuri wrote:

> [...] I'm curious about bundle development as well. I've been
> creating various snippets and macros for Rails and would like to
> share them. I started out with the bundle on the rails wiki, but
> that is old. If there's not a central place for this, we should
> start one.

TextMate should come with an updated Rails bundle.

As for a central location for bundles, there is the svn repository:
http://anon:anon@macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/

However, I’d rather not have the bundles turn into a repository of
hundreds of snippets, macros, commands, and similiar contributed by a
dozen different people [1].

Snippets should be trivial to create, so the default bundles should
just have some near universal useful stuff, and “show the way”. The
more default items a bundle ships with, the harder it likely is for
the user to learn to use it, and the less inclined the user likely is
to start expand the bundle with the stuff he would find useful (using
the coding style, tab triggers, and similar, that he finds to be in
his taste).

The wiki [2] however is free for anyone to edit.

That said, please do keep sending useful stuff to this list (or links
to blog posts about it)!

[1] I know, this has already happened to some of the bundles :)
[2] http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/HomePage