[TxMt] alphabetized "Go To Symbol" search

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Feb 20 10:22:27 UTC 2006

On 20/2/2006, at 11:04, Oliver Taylor wrote:

> When searching in the "go to symbol" pop-up, I find that because
> the search alphabetizes the results, it's very much the opposite of
> useful.

It shouldn’t alphabetize them, but instead rank them based on how
good a candidate the match is for the search/filter string.

For example if we have George Costanza and Charlie Sheen in the list,
and enter CS, it will show both names (as both contain C and S), but
it should show Charlie Sheen first, since CS is a “better” match for
that, than it is for George Costanza.