[TxMt] Find/Replace Variables in Document?

Niko Dittmann ni-di at web.de
Mon Feb 20 08:53:23 UTC 2006

Am 20.02.2006 um 07:05 schrieb Court K:
> Uh I actually don't care about cost. Every text editor I've used
> EXCEPT textmate can do this. BBEdit, SkEdit, SubEthEdit, any of the
> decent ones.
hmm... if i remember right, subethaedit uses the mechanism that TM
uses: you can make a ftp-client handle a file to SEE or TM and the
ftp-client re-uploads the file after a save.

in addition, TM has trasmit-scripts that use the incredible dock-
upload feature of transmit. if you start editing a local file which
is in a dock-upload-path of transmit, uploading the file is just a
keystroke away. be shure to evaluate transmit during your TM
evaluation, too. and remember: most of TM functions are "hidden" in
the automation-menu and the "gear"-popup.

> I mean who actually is editing files that ARE NOT going to end up
> on the internet? Every file I edit is going onto the internet, so
> allowing me to edit them and save would be a huge boost. It's the
> only reason for buying any text editor. Especially an "editor for
> the 21st century" that doesn't have internet capability.
>
> I'd like to buy textmate, but I won't until it has some sort of
> integration like this. Right now I have to download the file, edit
> it, reupload it, I'd just like to hit "Save" and know that it's
> saved onto the remote server automatically.
it works just this way with all major ftp-clients: transmit,
cyberduck, fugu... i'm glad i can use transmit and not being bound to
whatever TM could have integrated.

n.