[TxMt] Re: Dynamic scopes

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Sun Feb 19 18:48:16 UTC 2006

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 16/2/2006, at 10:20, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>

>> Do I understand correctly that this would allow me to highlight local
>>variables differently than global ones, for languages where one or the
>>other must be explicitly declared?  That would be very welcome.
>

> By “state variables” I refer to the internal variables of TextMate
> which describe state. For example the TextMate source might have a
> variable which tell whether or not the caret is inside a snippet
> placeholder.
>
> So it has nothing to do with variables declared in your source code.

 I didn't mean “state variables” to refer to variables in my code,  I
just had the impression that you meant more flexibility in what bundles
can set state-dependently.  Is what I described above already possible
in TM?  (I haven't seen a reasonable way yet.)  If not, do you already
have something on your todo-list that will allow such things?  If not,
... well, I'd like to propose it.  It would certainly be good to make
typos and global variables stand out clearly, imho.

Best regards,
	Christopher