[TxMt] Latex templates

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 21:27:46 UTC 2006

hello:)

Allan,since Texlive 2005 or Tetex 3  this code
I announce you that since Tex one should not any more
  use this code (used in the Latex templates)

\newif\ifpdf
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
\pdffalse % we are not running PDFLaTeX
\else
\pdfoutput=1 % we are running PDFLaTeX
\pdftrue
\fi

  must be replaced by \usepackage{ifpdf}

% Use:       LaTeX: \usepackage{ifpdf}
%            plain: \input ifpdf.sty
%            The package provides the switch \ifpdf:
%              \ifpdf
%                ... do things, if pdfTeX is running in pdf mode ...
%              \else
%                ... other TeX or pdfTeX in dvi mode ...
%              \fi
%            The package can also be used to set global
%            documentclass options:
%              \RequirePackage{ifpdf}
%              \ifpdf
%                \documentclass[pdftex,...]{...}
%              \else
%                \documentclass[...]{...}
%              \fi

note in texlive 2005 :

Last year, we kept \pdfoutput and other primitives undefined for DVI
output, even though
the pdfetex program was being used. This year, as promised, we undid
that compatibility
measure. So if your document uses \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined to test if
PDF is being
output, it will need to be changed. You can use the package ifpdf.sty
(which works under
both plain TEX and LATEX) to do this, or steal its logic.

Greetings

Alain