[TxMt] UI - redistributing the density

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:25:18 UTC 2006

I only agree with a small portion of this, so here it is :)

On Feb 15, 2006, at 5:39 PM, Kamen Nedev wrote:
> If it's a built-in feature, is it under the "Edit" menu, or perhaps
> the "Text" menu?  If not found in the "Text" menu, maybe it's in
> the Automation > Replay Macro > Text menu.  OR, Automation > Insert
> Snippet > Text.  OR... Automation > Run Command > Text.  Or maybe
> the "gear" menu.  [Too bad my keyboard binding for that shortcut
> doesn't work!]  Oops, well I guess (think) not.  Hmm... maybe it's
> under the "Edit" menu?  ;)

I think the generic text editing features should NOT be implemented
in a Bundle. I'm thinking about very standard stuff like sorting
lines or statistics (word count). I find myself looking for such
commands in the Edit menu, the Source bundle and the Text bundle all
the time.

Finally, I have one minor annoyance with the "gear" button. It's
great that it selects the current bundle by default, but I still have
to move to the right (kb or mouse) to get "inside" that bundle.
Perhaps there could be another shortcut to pop-up only actions
related to the current bundle ?

Ben