[TxMt] Strange Find and Replace Bug

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 16 18:53:39 UTC 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Linton wrote:

> Strange Find and Replace Bug - r906

> Doing a selection based find and replace consistently inserts many
> lines of code when it should be only replace one word with another
> single word.

In my system, this happens only if you press the "replace" button,
instead of the "In selection" button. Pressing the "In selection"
button does what it should do.
Pressing the "replace" button, or the "replace & find" button produce
this effect, regardless of what the search string is. They just
replace the selected text with whatever the find window tells them to
replace it by.

So this is a problem with the behavior of "replace" when there is
already a selection in place. Not sure I would call it a bug
actually. Ok, maybe I would. But it is not a bug with "Replace in
selection". There is no "replace once in selection" option. There is
only "replace all in selection", and that works fine, at least over
here.

Haris