[TxMt] Strange Find and Replace Bug

Benjamin Linton ben at visiblebits.com
Thu Feb 16 18:32:46 UTC 2006

Strange Find and Replace Bug - r906

Doing a selection based find and replace consistently inserts many lines
of code when it should be only replace one word with another single word.

Reproducing The Bug:

* Open the attached (.rb) file
* Switch to Ruby on Rails editor mode
* Do a full line selection on line #39
* Hit cmd+f to go into the finder window
* Replace the word ":now" with "now" while using the shift button to do
a selection only replace

Results:

* Replaces the entire line #39 with only the word "now"
* Performs a selection from line #39 down to #110
* Duplicates a bunch of code under line #110 (copies and pastes the new
selection)

Details:

* Ignore and wrap are checked.  Reg exp. is unchecked.
* Restarting Textmate doesn't seem to fix the issue.
* Soyru in IRC helped me confirm the bug, so it is not specific to my
situation.

Environment:

* I don't use manager hacksies.
* I haven't edited the default bundle editor commands.
* I do use quicksilver, starting it is ctrl+alt+cmd+space;  Everything
else is at defaults