[TxMt] RubyMate errors

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Wed Feb 15 17:51:33 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I get errors when I try to run some Ruby scripts in TM.
NB: I don't have those errors when I run these scripts in Bash (even
from inside TM) or in IRB
	I have "TM_RUBY    /usr/local/bin/ruby" in my shell variables.

e.g.

When using erb (example taken from Programing Ruby):

---------
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby

require 'erb'

input = %{\
<% high.downto(low) do |n| # set high, low externally %>
<%= n %> green bottles, hanging on the wall
<%= n %> green bottles, hanging on the wall
And if one green bottle should accidentally fall
There'd be <%= n-1 %> green bottles, hanging on the wall
<% end %>
}
high,low = 10, 6
erb = ERB.new(input)
erb.run

-----------

I get:
RubyMate r2496 running Ruby v1.8.4.
 >>> ~/bin/test.rb

/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/
tmruby.rb:180: bad value for range (ArgumentError)
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/
Support/tmruby.rb:120

When using 'sqlite3':
-----------
#! /usr/local/bin/ruby

require 'sqlite3'

db = SQLite3::Database.new( "/Users/fatal/bin/test.db" )

p db.execute( <<-SQL
   SELECT * FROM posts;
SQL
)

db.close
-----------

I get:

RubyMate r2496 running Ruby v1.8.4.
 >>> ~/bin/jots/test2.rb

(eval):5: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [powerpc-
darwin8.4.0]
Program exited with return code.

NB: This script works, but I get the error, sometimes scripts using
sqlite3 doesn't work at all, sometimes I only get "Program exited
with return code."

I have other errors of this kind, but examples are more complicated
to share or I didn't take note of them.

Am I missing something?
Thanks for any tips.

-