[TxMt] Re: SQL Bundle doesn't search my $PATH

Jeff Richardson jeffrichardson at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 14:56:37 UTC 2006

Thanks Niko,

mysql is definitely in my path.  I use tcsh and mysql is there:
setenv PATH /usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH

However /usr/local/mysql/bin/ and other directories that I set in my
path are not reported in the search path that the MySQL bundle tells
me it is using:

"Couldn't find mysql
Locations searched:
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/
CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS
/bin
/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/sbin
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin"

I tried modifying the PATH variable in the Advanced pane of TextMate
Preferences, to no avail.

So as a hack, I created a symbolic link to mysql in TextMate using
these commands:
cd /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin
ln -s /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql mysql

It's not pretty but it works.   I'd still like to figure out how to
modify the PATH that the SQL Bundle uses ...

JR