[TxMt] Projects and ordering files/folders

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Mon Feb 13 22:16:26 UTC 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 3:31 AM, Alastair Moore wrote:

> when I drag and drop files and folders into the project drawer, it
> lists them in a random order, so I might get something like -
>
> File C
> Folder B
> Folder C
> File B
> File A
> Folder A

I'm seeing a similar problem. It seems that if you drag files from
the Finder when it's in Column view, the project files are sorted
alphabetically, as expected. But if you drag them when Finder is in
List view, strange things happen. For example, here's a Finder window:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/files/FinderScreenSnapz001.png

And here's what I get in TextMate after selecting all items in the
Finder and dragging them to a new project window:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/files/TextMateScreenSnapz001.png

So the results are neither in alphabetical order nor in the order in
which they appeared in the Finder. Perhaps this is a bug in Finder?
Either that or a bug in TextMate's drop handling.

Trevor