[TxMt] Projects and ordering files/folders

Alastair Moore alastair at kozmo.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 11:31:29 UTC 2006

Lewis Overton wrote:
> I work mostly with web markup and php. For my purposes, I set up folders
> for grouping stuff:
>
> Main <- the top level web pages
> CSS <- where I keep the frogs
> Structure <- headers, footers, menus, shared stuff
> SCForm <- web form package
> Board <-
> Programs <-
> Practice <-
> etc. <- include files grouped by where they are used (Board = Bd of
> Directors)
>
> This lets me fold away parts I'm not looking at. When I upload to the
> website, everything goes into one big pot, but development is
> categorized. TM lets me structure my work without having to impose that
> structure on the website file structure.
>
> Works for me.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it's not really the structuring of sites or
putting files into folders but in the project drawer, the ordering of
files. If I have, for example:

Folder A
Folder B
Folder C
File A
File B
File C
etc.

when I drag and drop files and folders into the project drawer, it lists
them in a random order, so I might get something like -

File C
Folder B
Folder C
File B
File A
Folder A

It's not a biggy but for the files and folders to be in a correct order,
it makes it easier when working with a large number of folders and
files. Is there a way to order these correctly?

If you have a look at a screen grab I made, it will probably explain it
a little better.

http://www.kozmo.co.uk/misc/textmate.png

Cheers!

Alastair