[TxMt] Simple questions about bundle creation

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Sun Feb 12 12:15:05 UTC 2006

On 12/02/2006, at 12:33, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> "scopeName (line 1) — this should be a unique name [...] The
> advantage of deriving it from (in this case) text.html is that
> everything which works in the text.html scope will also work in the
> text.html.«something» scope (but with a lower precedence than
> something specifically targeting text.html.«something»)."
> So I tried a scopeName of "text.xml.CWN" to see if I would get XML
> like syntax hilighting for free, but it did not work.

What the explanation refers to, is that commands, macros and snippets
with scope set to text.xml will now work in your derived language as
well. This would be stuff designed to manipulate or assist in writing
xml. Syntax highlight, is a different matter and getting it to work
as you want, is (AFAIK) achieved the way you subsequently explain.

> Is this the correct way to proceed?

So that would be a yes on that one :-).

-- Sune.