[TxMt] Trapping file open

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Feb 10 22:49:12 UTC 2006

On 10/2/2006, at 19:23, Oscar Bonilla wrote:

> Is there a way to run some code from a Bundle before TextMate opens
> a file? [...]

Currently not, no. But I am currently in the midst of rewriting/
redesigning basically everything about TextMate and “file access”
where I do plan to allow various hooks, virtual file systems, get rid
of the polling (when possible), track files via aliases, etc.

I also have a request for a hook when a read-only file is first
edited (Perforce), which likely will also be possible.

All this is however part of a major revamp of a lot of things in
TextMate, so betas from this branch are not planned/possible for the
nearest future.