[TxMt] Tag Changed line

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Feb 10 03:01:11 UTC 2006

On 9/2/2006, at 19:23, Trevor Harmon wrote:

>> Dynamic scopes will be awesome, but are currently in the distant
>> future. I will not implement the highlighting of changes as a
>> “standalone feature”.
> I'm a little confused; are you saying that in the future a Bundle
> can be written to implement highlighting of changed lines?

No, a new entry in Preferences -> Fonts & Colors will be able to
style e.g.: “dyn.changed-since-save.inserted” to target all
insertions done since last save, or similar.

> [...] Some kind of official interface for augmenting TextMate's
> gutter would be useful for other features, too [...]

Adding stuff to the gutter sounds more like a job for AppleScript,
and unlikely this will be possible to combine with showing changes
done to the file -- well, with the exception of my (even more long
term) plan of allowing an xpath-inspired query language to query a
document (based on scopes), which could then combine the query for
the dynamic “changed” scopes with using AS (or similar) to use
whatever API I may create to fiddle with the gutter -- and then have
this run periodically.

But don't get your hopes up -- this is something I see happen maybe
in TextMate 5.0 or so…