[TxMt] Tag Changed line

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Thu Feb 9 18:23:27 UTC 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Dynamic scopes will be awesome, but are currently in the distant
> future. I will not implement the highlighting of changes as a
> “standalone feature”.

I'm a little confused; are you saying that in the future a Bundle can
be written to implement highlighting of changed lines?

Also, will this hypothetical Bundle (or any Bundle, for that matter)
be able to modify TextMate's "gutter" in which line numbers are
shown? I would much prefer to see changes marked in the gutter rather
than simply highlighted in the text background.

Some kind of official interface for augmenting TextMate's gutter
would be useful for other features, too. For instance, Xcode has an
interesting feature that marks build errors and warnings in its
gutter and its scroll bar [1]. It would be cool if a Bundle could be
written to do the same thing in TextMate.

Trevor

[1] http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/
Conceptual/XcodeUserGuide/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/Art/
errorinprojwindow.gif