[TxMt] UI - redistributing the density

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 16:32:07 UTC 2006

The Brads are in full agreement on this one.   +1   I suggested
something along these lines less eloquently a while ago.

Here's another way of  thinking about it if you don't see what Brad
is talking about:

One of the nice things about emacs is that even though there are
thousands of commands (very much like TM) you don't have to remember
the short cuts for most of them because you can type alt-x and start
typing some fragment of the command. (usually the commands start out
with the mode name) using emacs auto-completion of command names you
can quickly get to what you want.

An intelligent command search box that works just like  cmd-t / cmd-
shift-t  seems to be a very logical improvement over the old emacs
command completion.

If not built-in I wonder if this could be done as a plugin???

Brad

I think of this feature as the next step beyond what emacs provides.