[TxMt] UI

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 8 20:54:52 UTC 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 2:41 PM, porneL wrote:

> I second these opinions. Macro menu is tiny, smaller than less used
> language and tab size choosers.

true, but they need to show their information. What information does
the macro menu need to show?
> And if that wasn't enough I additionally have to maneuver through
> submenus - when TM's window is very near bottom of screen (I have
> dock on side) current language's submenu isn't under cursor and
> sometimes it's not even immediately visible!
>
> IMHO it should be much larger, and maybe there should be two
> buttons - one with macros for current context/language *only* and
> another with all the submenus.

Do people really use the mouse to navigate this menu? I just press
control-esc, then the first two letters of the bundle I want, then
right arrow, left arrow if I want to go back and so on. Plus, by
default when you pop the menu up, it's in the current language, so
you don't need to start typing. So for me the size of the button
doesn't really matter.
> --
> regards, porneL

Haris