[TxMt] Soft tabs / tabs <-> spaces

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Feb 7 00:16:48 UTC 2006

On 7/2/2006, at 1:08, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> (I'd still like to have the 'tab-key-inserts-soft-tabs' behaviour
> without the 'pretending-runs-of-spaces-are-tabs behaviour - I
> guess /that's/ not easy?)

If you just want it to insert four spaces, start macro recording,
press space 4 times, stop macro recording, save macro and bind to the
tab key. Then use it with soft tabs disabled.

Although then tab can no longer be used to expand snippets (snippet
expansion can however also be rebind).

For a more complex version, it'd have to be a command and use
TM_TABZIE and likely TM_COLUMN_NUMBER.

But why do you want this? if it's to see when it's using tabs or
spaces, you can enable Show Invisibles in the View menu.