[TxMt] Removing text during column selection?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 7 00:03:07 UTC 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> On the other hand, I suppose there may be situations where the
> desired behavior is to remove any commenting that exists. So, the
> best solution IMHO is to split the command into two: Comment Line
> and Uncomment Line. After all, I don't see a real benefit for the
> command to try to guess what I want it to do, especially when it
> can easily guess wrong. I wouldn't mind an extra command in
> exchange for the extra accuracy.

I would personally mind the extra shortcut I would need to remember.
It is really a toggling thing in my mind, and I use it mainly for big
chunks of code that I want to temporarily "turn off".
It simply checks the first line in your selection, so if that line is
a comment and you want things commented, just start your selection
from the first uncommented line instead. Or press it twice.

What you are after instead is an "increase/decrease commenting level"
command. That would be a different command, and trivial to implement
in most cases.

Haris