[TxMt] Removing text during column selection?

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Mon Feb 6 23:51:35 UTC 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Not a bug per say. It looks at the first row of the selection to
> decide whether it should comment or uncomment. How do you expect it
> to know what to do if half the lines are commented and the other
> half are uncommented?

I was expecting the command to scan the selection for uncommented
lines. If there exists at least one uncommented line, then it would
know to comment all lines.

On the other hand, I suppose there may be situations where the
desired behavior is to remove any commenting that exists. So, the
best solution IMHO is to split the command into two: Comment Line and
Uncomment Line. After all, I don't see a real benefit for the command
to try to guess what I want it to do, especially when it can easily
guess wrong. I wouldn't mind an extra command in exchange for the
extra accuracy.

> Switch to column selection, press shift and right arrow. That
> selects the first element in each row. Then press delete.

Ah, that works; thanks!

Trevor