[TxMt] Removing text during column selection?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 6 22:08:37 UTC 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> And I want to comment out the entire selection, then I can't use
> the Comment Selection command (Command-/) because that simply
> removes the existing comments. (I think this is a bug in the Source
> bundle.)

Not a bug per say. It looks at the first row of the selection to
decide whether it should comment or uncomment. How do you expect it
to know what to do if half the lines are commented and the other half
are uncommented?
> However, if I later want to remove the commenting I've added,
> Change to Column Selection does not work. It seems I am only able
> to add, not delete, text during column selection. Is this a bug?

Switch to column selection, press shift and right arrow. That selects
the first element in each row. Then press delete.

Haris