[TxMt] Drawer (was: (no subject))

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Mon Feb 6 21:26:24 UTC 2006

On 06 Feb 2006, at 20:36, Niels wrote:

> hi all and alan -- thanks for a great product.
>
> One suggestion: I think a split pane ala mail.app would be an
> improvement over the current drawer. Use of a drawer implies to me,
> an optional part of the interface, but when working on a project,
> the file list is hardly option, in my opinion. Is there any here
> that opens and closes the drawer repeatedly to access their project
> listing? A  drawer makes window resizing a two step operation --
> you have to first position your window to accommodate your drawer
> before doing the resize.. Try it, you'll see what I mean. I think
> really, managing the use of space *inside* a window is much more
> natural than managing it outside.
>
> .niels

Hi Niels,

This has been discussed a lot before.

You can search the list for drawer (http://www.google.com/search?
q=drawer+site%3Alists.macromates.com&btnG=Search)

You can find Alan's opinion is this thread:
http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-April/003870.html

Personally, what I like with a drawer is that I can place it on the
side I want and hide it when I don't need it.

--
Fred