[TxMt] Weird Caret position

Alex Pereda alex at nervecreative.com
Mon Feb 6 20:11:06 UTC 2006

I'm evaluating Tetxtmate and I found a behavior that I'm trying to
see if it is a feature or a bug.

The caret position doesn't match where the character gets inserted.
For example:

function myFunction()

if I position the caret inside the parentheses and I start typing the
character will be inserted to the outside the parentheses

function myFunctionpVal()

instead of

function myFunction(pVal)

I tried it on 2 systems and iMac G5 and a PowerPc Dual G5. same behavior

TextMate version 1.5 (906)

I like the feature set of the editor and would love to use it on
project, but unless I find a way to place the characters at the caret
position is would be really hard to use it..

thanks