[TxMt] Shift-Tab to align a block of code

Jim Leask leask at rogers.com
Wed Feb 1 04:12:58 UTC 2006

In other text editors (in my pre-mac days), I very commonly used the
block editing feature to quickly align code. I would use a regular
expression match/replace to insert in a bunch of whitespace where I
need it, then block select where I want the column to start and shift-
tab to squeeze all of the text back into a nice column.

TextMate does most of the above quite nicely, with the exception of
the shift-tab. Shift-tab does not shift everything left, eventually
squeezing out the whitespace and leaving a nicely aligned column. Can
I do this somehow, and if not could it be added? (I really miss this
feature)

Thanks...

Jim Leask