[TxMt] Re: TextMate and ActionsScript Bundle How to?

Benjamin Jackson ben at incomumdesign.com
Sun Dec 31 20:59:43 UTC 2006

> My first intention, just to see how things are working i wanted to
> make a trace output - which says "Hello World". What am i doing
> wrong? Ive tried to use the ActionScript template and i did a
> script which just says trace ("Hello World"); I did use the
> "Install MTASC Support Files" and i did a try without...nothing
> happens. Can anybody help or does know where i get some
> information? ==================================

trace() is used by the Flash IDE. The MTASC equivalent is TRACE(),
which you can set up on the command line to point to another
function. I'm currently using the LuminicBox logger, but everyone has
their favorite. Google 'actionscript logger' for more options. Most
of them either work over a LocalConnection or an XMLSocket to pass
information to the logger. XMLSocket loggers are faster but the ones
I've seen are less robusty (Luminic, which is a LC debugger, has a
nice tree view for your objects).

Good luck :)

P.S. If you're interested in a more complete workflow, check out my
howto on the subject at
http://www.unfitforprint.com/articles/2006/01/02/howto-develop-flash-
on-mac-osx-with-rake-mtasc-swfmill-and-textmate
Ben Jackson
Diretor de Desenvolvimento

+55 (21) 2256-1022
ben at incomumdesign.com