[TxMt] GTDAlt: archive completed empty my gtd file?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Dec 30 09:07:20 UTC 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I found out the problem, and here is a description.
>
> The main problem: the file was opened with a "MacRoman" encoding,
> and it had UTF8 characters (I don't know if both are needed for the
> problem to appear). Reopening with UTF8 encoding and fixing the
> single MacRoman character fixed things.

Ah yes, a different encoding could possibly cause problems, though I
haven't tested much. I don't mess with non-english characters
personally. Normally TM hides the whole encoding issue for you as
much as possible, at least as far as commands that process the
current file and do things to it are concerned. The problem here
though is (I think) that these commands we are talking about have to
read more than one files, so they read them directly from the files,
without TM intervening. Hence such encoding issues could crop up
(though I haven't done any testing).

> The reason I got MacRoman characters in there is the following: I
> often use quicksilver to add things to my inbox file with the
> "Append text" action, and it seems to be appending in MacRoman. I
> don't know how to change it to be UTF8 all the time.

Hm good question. Sounds like a question for the Quicksilver folks ;)

> Alan

Haris