[TxMt] GTDAlt: archive completed empty my gtd file?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Sat Dec 30 08:23:14 UTC 2006

On 29 déc. 06, at 17:17, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Starting this morning, I have noticed that when I "archive
>> completed" in my GTDAlt file, it becomes completely empty. The
>> action is archived in the log file, but the rest of the contents
>> of the gtd file disappears. I also noticed that when I process my
>> inbox, the window that tells me the result of the processing was
>> also empty (but the processing worked correctly).
>>
>> I'm using the current SVN version of the bundle (as well as the
>> current version of the dialog plugin and support folder).
>>
> please send me an example file if possible.

I found out the problem, and here is a description.

The main problem: the file was opened with a "MacRoman" encoding, and
it had UTF8 characters (I don't know if both are needed for the
problem to appear). Reopening with UTF8 encoding and fixing the
single MacRoman character fixed things.

The reason I got MacRoman characters in there is the following: I
often use quicksilver to add things to my inbox file with the "Append
text" action, and it seems to be appending in MacRoman. I don't know
how to change it to be UTF8 all the time.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
  .O.
  ..O
  OOO