[TxMt] Tab Completion Not working

Jonas Steverud jtvrud at bredband.net
Fri Dec 29 19:41:35 UTC 2006

29 dec 2006 kl. 19.24 skrev Dallas Pool:

> I'm a TM noob so bear with me.
>
> I have installed textmate and rails and all that, everything works
> but TM wont auto complete anything.... if I'm in a migration for
> instance, and type mcc[tab] all I end up with is mcc.
>
> Tab completion wont work in any of my files.

Make sure that the correct language/mode is selected. You can see it
in the mode line at the bottom of the window which normally something
like:
Line: 42	Column: 19  Perl	[A gear] 	Tab size: 4

Make sure the part between the gear and the column (i.e. Perl in my
example above) shows the intended file type. If not click it with
your mouse and select the appropriate language.

If you cannot find the language of your choice, ask again and/or read
<http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles#getting_more_bundles>

The keyboard do not have anything to do with it.

HTH.

/Jonas