[TxMt] [ANN] Plug-Released : TeXMLMate

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Thu Dec 28 00:27:51 UTC 2006

On 27.12.2006, at 23:00, Brian Landau wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Just my thoughts on the matter.

Fair enough. I just want no app to play any sounds. Like when I hear
via headphones but have the volume controlled in iTunes instead of
the System Volume and some application thinks it needs to play a
sound at 100% volume. *boom*

> Also my own question to the community at large on behalf of Todd. Will
> he need to rewrite a lot of his plug-ins when TM2.0 comes out? Or will
> he's current plug-ins potentially port over easily. Just I know I'd be
> frustrated if I did a bunch of work and then found out I would have to
> do it all over again a few months latter :-P

Only Allan can answer this question and maybe not even right now. And
even then: TM 2.0 is nowhere near done, I think. I don’t know what
API he exposes for plugins, but the one to add the menu item should
be fairly easy. As for the rest, Todd here did some reverse
engineering and as someone just discussed in another thread, TM 2.0
will likely feature a whole different Textedit Component incl.
rendering subsystem  (which is one of the main reasons why it will be
leopard only) – so that part (based on class dumps) will most likely
not run without modifications.

To summarize I’d say it depends on how deep the plugin digs into the
existing stuff. If it is only used to highlight a certain line and
read the contents from the Text area it should be fairly easy to adapt.

Soryu.