[TxMt] [ANN] Plug-Released : TeXMLMate

Brian Landau brianjlandau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 22:00:03 UTC 2006

I personally think that exposing it in the UI is a good idea.
I can think of times I would like the option to hear the sound and
other's I wouldn't. And having to make changes to th prefs file just
to do that seems like a bit much. I think of prefs file changes for
changes of functionality you want a "pro" user to be able to
manipulate but don't think will change much if at all over the life of
the user using the program.
Like the `NSDragAndDropTextDelay` option in TextMate this controls how
long you need to hold down on selected text before it becomes
dragable. This is not a setting that needs to be exposed in the UI and
really only needs to be set once. If you don't like the default you'll
reset it to something you prefer, but I really can't imagine every
changing it again.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Also my own question to the community at large on behalf of Todd. Will
he need to rewrite a lot of his plug-ins when TM2.0 comes out? Or will
he's current plug-ins potentially port over easily. Just I know I'd be
frustrated if I did a bunch of work and then found out I would have to
do it all over again a few months latter :-P

-Brian