[TxMt] OakTextView API & text selection

Todd Ditchendorf itod at mac.com
Tue Dec 26 19:07:28 UTC 2006

> 	Keep in mind that Allan is going to (has already done) some pretty
> major changes for 2.0, which may include a different class
> altogether.  Depending on what calls you are considering, this may
> or may not present a problem in 4-5 months. You might want to check
> with Allan first (though he is on vacation at the moment).

Haris:

Thanks for the tip. I'll be keeping that in mind.

> Been there... AFAIK the cire of the TextView is written in C++.
> classdump doesn't help there, and no way to use the ObjcC-runtime
> system to 're-pipe' things...

Gerd:

That would explain some of the C++-esque garbage that class-dump
produced... but the good news is that a complete OakTextView ObjC
header was also produced, and I've been able to use this successfully
(I'll be shipping my plugin very soon :) Let me know if you'd like me
to share what I found.

Todd Ditchendorf

Scandalous Software - Cocoa Developer Tools
http://scan.dalo.us