[TxMt] Location of LaTeX installation

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Sat Dec 23 11:46:18 UTC 2006

Am 23.12.2006 um 04:16 schrieb Charilaos Skiadas:

> On Dec 22, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Christian Burk wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed Latex with the i-installer and then used textmade to
>> work with it.
>> Wherefrom does Textmate know the install location of latex?
>
> For some of the commands, TextMate uses the shell settings. If you do:
>
> echo $PATH
>
> in the terminal

There I got the following information:
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin-current:/usr/local/bin

> This is the case for the Typeset & View command, it should "just
> work". Other LaTeX commands don't yet see that location, though
> they ought to.

What LaTeX commands do you mean? Until now, I did not experience any
problems working with my files.

> For now the simplest workaround is to create an environment
> variable in TM (Preferences->Advanced->Shell variables) called PATH
> and with value exactly what the "echo $PATH" above gave you (being
> careful not to include any newlines).

Do I need the whole above-mentioned path or only the following snippet:
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

Christian