[TxMt] Markdown Folding

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Fri Dec 22 17:59:14 UTC 2006

On 22 Dec 2006, at 16:59, Dr. Drang wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
>>
>> On 22 Dec 2006, at 16:03, Dr. Drang wrote:
>>

>>> Are the start and stop markers restricted to single line
>>> patterns? The manual suggests that, but it isn't explicit.
>>
>> Yes
>
> I was afraid of that. I really don't want to clutter up my file
> with unnecessary comments or other content-free lines just to get
> folding working. Has there been any discussion of loosening the
> folding rules in TM 2.0? I've seen nothing beyond this message from
> quite a while ago
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/3980/
> match=folding+pattern
>
> And thanks for fixing the subject line.

I hadn't heard anything, but perhaps you just need to match the
section header and separate the sections by horizontal rules:

# My section

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim
ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in
reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla
pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in
culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

* * *

# My second section

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim
ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in
reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla
pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in
culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

* * *

That way, the only content-free lines would be the rules. I think
bsag's Journal bundle did something like that.

Best, Mark