[TxMt] Scheme formatting

William D. Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Thu Dec 21 20:07:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Timothy J. Wood wrote:

>  The current Scheme (and Lisp) plugins don't seem to format according to the
> normal usage for these languages.

Unfortunately, the indenting ability of TextMate is pretty bone simple in
that it really just looks for syntactic clues that it should indent or
unindent, but it doesn't offer any ability to compute how far to
indent/unindent outside of one level right or left. (unless, of course, I
missed yet another neat feature addition by not carefully reading the
change logs).

I believe that in order to fix this, you'll need to wite a commond that
can do some intelligent processing of the code to indent it properly.

William D. Neumann

---

"There's just so many extra children, we could just feed the
children to these tigers.  We don't need them, we're not doing
anything with them.

Tigers are noble and sleek; children are loud and messy."

         -- Neko Case

Life is unfair.  Kill yourself or get over it.
 	-- Black Box Recorder