[TxMt] question: mouse or not?

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 00:26:07 UTC 2006

Haris: you mentioned that a command using a mouse
is unacceptable. I do not understand this and I
am intrigued, would you elaborate?

I also hate the mouse and love the keyboard, as
any other respectable geek. But this is only because
keyboard is much faster and much more accurate.
But I have no ideological stance against the mouse.
If at some point I find that using a mouse is much
more convenient for some purpose, I use it
immediately. E.g., I would not draw a
picture using the keyboard (neither would you
I guess).

So the point with the interface for labels is exactly that
I feel the keyboard is not the faster tool for the task;
clicking in a nice list is indeed faster. I should also
mention that I proposed to the PDFView's brilliant
developer (Andrea Bergia) to implement a click-on-
the-formula feature (you click on the formula in pdf
and the \ref is inserted in the tex file...)

Piero